helgagrace

Title and Statement of Responsibility

I'm a librarian, which makes me happy!

Royal Assassin (Farseer Series #2)
Robin Hobb, Paul Boehmer
Queens' Play
Dorothy Dunnett
Heir of Novron

A Weaver Wedding (Harlequin Special Edition, No. 1965 / Famous Families)

A Weaver Wedding - Allison Leigh This one, part of a series called Famous Families, has a cast of about a zillion related characters and follows the romance of Tara, lonely daughter of a CIA operative who has always wanted a big and loving family, and Axel Clay, the bodyguard who has to protect her from a nebulous mob-related threat. And he doesn't even know she's pregnant from their one-night stand four months ago! Don't worry, it all works out OK. I'm not a big fan of pregnancy-as-plot-device or novels in which the hero tries to make the heroine marry him for the sake of the child. However, the book did have some hints of character development, as well as remarkably little sex. It wasn't the worst romance novel I've ever read, but despite lines like "Maybe it was her imagination that those fingertips seemed to subtly flex against her, like the sheathed claws of some big, golden cat kneading against his soft prey" or "I don't just want roots, Axel. I want the entire tree," the book wasn't even bad enough to be really fun, either.